Poached Oranges and Satsumas in Rosemary-Clove Syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh whole rosemary leaves (stripped from stems)
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 large navel oranges, peel and white pith removed, cut into supremes
- 3 satsumas or tangerines, peel and white pith removed, cut into supremes
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 1 quart low-fat frozen yogurt
- 4 sprigs rosemary, as garnish
In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the zest, rosemary, and cloves. Simmer until the flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Pour the syrup over the orange segments and toss. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
Sprinkle with orange liqueur. Place 1 slice of angel food cake in the bottom of 4 martini glasses. Top with 1 scoop frozen yogurt. Top with the oranges and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.