Pork Tenderloin and Chorizo Fried Fondue with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Guacamole and Ancho Bbq Sauce
- 1 recipe Chipotle Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 1 recipe Guacamole, recipe follows
- 1 recipe Ancho BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
- Vegetable shortening, for deep frying
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch thick slices
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 Florida avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Ancho BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers packed in adobo sauce
Make the 3 dipping sauces and set aside.
Melt enough vegetable shortening in a metal fondue pot to come halfway up the sides. Heat over high heat on the stovetop until a thermometer reads 375 degrees F. Transfer the fondue pot to its burner over a high flame.
Cook the pork and sausage according to individual preferences, until golden brown and cooked through. Divide the dipping sauces among each diner and allow guests to dip into their preferred sauce.Chipotle Mayonnaise:
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Yield: about 1 cupGuacamole:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside, refrigerated, until needed. Should be made as close to serving time as possible.
Yield: about 3/4 cupAncho BBQ Sauce:
To make the Ancho Barbecue Sauce, combine the sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, sesame oil, molasses, soy sauce, and chili peppers in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until it starts to become syrupy and dime-sized bubbles form, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender or food processor. Process on high speed until smooth.
Yield: about 3/4 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Caramelized Apples and Southern Cooked Greens, Stuffed Pork Tenderloin over Grilled Kale drizzled with Grilled Peach Whiskey Beurre Blanc, Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Corn on the Cob, Deep-Frying, Appetizer Recipes , Asian, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Barbecuing, Easy Stir-Frying
Thank you! your flag was submitted.