Potato, Onion and Pea Champ
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stick Irish butter
- 1/2 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby peas, cooked and drained
Return the pan with the potatoes to medium-low heat and cook for 1 minute, shaking the pan. While mashing with a potato masher, slowly add the milk, mashing until the potatoes are creamy. Add 1/2 of the hot butter with the green onions and mash to incorporate. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
Remove from the heat and fold in the cooked peas. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle the remaining butter and onions over the top. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence