- 8 slices bacon
- 10 cups fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed, and patted dry
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed, and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges, optional
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced, optional
- Dressing, recipe follows
Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon strips on it. Bake until brown and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the bacon from the oven and let cool, about 15 minutes. Crumble into bite-size pieces.
Combine the spinach, bacon, mushrooms, and onion in a large mixing bowl and toss.
Divide the spinach mixture among 4 large plates or 8 small plates (either 2-cup or 1-cup portions). Garnish with tomato wedges and or sliced hard-boiled eggs if desired. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine the honey and mustard in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to blend. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking until blended and smooth. Add the lemon juice, white pepper, and salt and whisk to blend.
Yield: 1 cup