Pulled Pork BBQ Wrap
- For Pork:
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup liquid crab boil
- 1 pork butt roast, bone in (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 6 pieces Mountain bread or lavosh
- For BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups reserved vegetables from pork
- 6 ounces reserved cooking liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Season pork roast with Creole seasoning and add to boiling liquid and vegetables. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Reserve cooking liquid and vegetables separately to use in BBQ sauce.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place roast on a rack and bake for 1 hour, or until meat pulls away easily with a fork.
Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes, then pull meat away from the bone with a fork and pull into bite-size pieces. Coarsely chop meat if desired. Mix with 2 cups of the BBQ sauce before assembling sandwiches.For BBQ Sauce:
In the bowl of a food processor, combine reserved vegetables, cooking liquid, garlic and ginger and process until smooth and the consistency of ketchup. Add remaining ingredients and process until thoroughly mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss pulled pork with 2 cups of the sauce before assembling sandwiches. Pass remaining sauce for dipping on the side.
Yield: about 4 cups sauceEmeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Yield: 2/3 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.