Rainbow Trout with Lemon, Capers, and Brown Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (12-ounce) rainbow trout, gutted, head on, pin bones removed
- Flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 lemons, 1 split and 1 supremed (segments cut free of skin and pith)
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 20 (1/2-inch) cubes toasted white bread
- Salt and pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet. Season and dredge the trout in the flour, shaking off the excess. Place the trout, flesh side down in the pan, cook for 2 minutes, flip, and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and place on a plate and keep warm. To the same skillet, add the butter. It will begin to brown and foam. Squeeze in the juice from the split lemon, gently shake the pan to incorporate the juices. Remove from the heat, add capers, parsley, and bread cubes. Season with salt and pepper, and pour atop the trout and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Rainbow Trout Roasted on a Cedar Plank, Georgia Rainbow Trout with Butter Bean Succotash, Sauteed Rainbow Trout with Green Tomato and Blackberry Sauce, Frying, Turkey Breast Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.