Raspberry and Dried Pear Napoleons
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Muscat de Beaune de Venise, or other sweet, white dessert white, such as White Port or Sauternes
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
- Dried Pears, recipe follows
- Dried Pears:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium ripe, firm pears, stems removed
In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the wine, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat, and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Combine the raspberries and syrup in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate on the bottom of a dessert plate, and top with 1 pear slice. Layer with 1 tablespoon of cream, raspberries, 1 teaspoon of chocolate, and 1 pear slice, and repeat to make 6 layers in all, finishing with raspberries and chocolate on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, to make 4 napoleons in all.Dried Pears:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
With a mandoline or other slicing machine, thinly slice the pears lengthwise to 1/8-inch thickness. Dip the pear slices in the syrup and shake to remove any excess. Arrange the slices tightly in a single layer on the baking sheets.
Bake in the oven until crisp, about 2 to 3 hours, switching the baking sheets several times during the cooking process.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.