- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro Syrup, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grenadine
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- Fresh cilantro sprig, for garnish
Put 3/4 cup ice into a cocktail shaker and add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, Triple Sec, and tequila. Shake well for 10 seconds to chill the ingredients. Strain into the martini glass over the strawberry puree. Garnish with cilantro sprig.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a 1-quart saucepan, combine the sugar and water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved and the syrup is hot, remove from the heat and add the chopped cilantro to the pan. Allow the syrup to cool for 15 minutes, then strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the solids. The syrup may be made up to 2 weeks in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.