Red Snapper Parfait
- 4 - 2 ounce fillets red snapper
- 1 tablespoon Creole spice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs cilantro
Season the fillets with the spice. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Sear the fish until deep golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate. In a shallow dish, combine the lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, and red pepper. Place the fish in the dish and let it sit for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the papaya, coconut milk, and coconut. Place 2 tablespoons of the papaya mixture in the bottom of two parfait glasses. Place a fillet in each glass and top each with 3 tablespoons papaya mixture, then the snapper fillets. Top with the remaining papaya mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.