Rice and Radicchio Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, rinsed
- 1 small head of Radicchio - sliced into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces julienned Prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium soup pot, heat the oil until very hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 3 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. To serve, place 1/4 cup Radicchio, 1 tablespoon Prosciutto, 1/2 teaspoon sage, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese into each of your soup bowls. Then ladle the hot soup over the garnishes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.