- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons uncooked long-grain white rice
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Grade A maple syrup, for drizzling
Combine the milk, rice, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar, the egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
When the rice is done, stir the blueberries and the sugar and egg mixture into the hot rice mixture in the pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let cool.
When the rice mixture has cooled, combine the cream and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the cooled rice mixture.
Serve chilled, drizzled with maple syrup