- 1 cup candied orange, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- One 10-inch tart shell- sweet crust, not cooked, just rolled out, and docked
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar-optional garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the candied orange and the liquor and set aside. In a small saucepan combine the milk and vanilla bean and bring to a boil. Add the rice, a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and beat in the egg, cream and the soaked fruit, liquor and all. Pour into the prepared crust. Pour the melted butter over the top of the filled pastry. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Top each serving with powdered sugar if desired. Serve hot or cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.