Roast Turkey Panini with, Pesto, Roasted Red Peppers and Fontina
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 8 slices ciabatta bread or other rustic Italian white bread, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces very thinly sliced roast turkey breast
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, stemmed, skin and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced, to cover the bread slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Arrange the slices of bread on a flat work surface and, using a small spoon, divide the pesto evenly among 1 side of each of the bread slices.
Divide the turkey, roasted pepper strips, and fontina equally among 4 of the bread slices. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, pesto sides down, to form 4 sandwiches.
Brush the outsides of each sandwich lightly with some of the olive oil.
Heat a large skillet, griddle, or grill pan over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the sandwiches and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted, pressing occasionally with a large metal spatula or the bottom of a small heavy saucepan, about 4 minutes per side. Remove sandwiches and transfer to a cutting board. Slice in half on the diagonal and serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fresh Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Panini, Roasted Red Bell Peppers with Eggplant (Funghetto), Smoked Gouda and Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Cheese, Turkey Gravy Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Easy Snack, Chicken Breast Recipes, Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Easy Main Dish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.