Roasted Black Sea Bass
- 2 whole black sea bass, about 4-pounds each
- 3/4 cups kalamata olive puree, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons capers, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Meyer lemons, sliced
- 3 tablespoons plus another 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 eggplants, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel tops
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Cut 4 or 5 slits on the skin of the sea bass. Place onto a baking sheet or oven-safe baking dish. Spread 1/2 cup of olive puree over the surface of the bass, making sure to get some into the slits of the fish. Add the 1/2 cup capers, sea salt and pepper, lemons, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and Essence, to taste, over the fish. Splash with white wine and place into the oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the fennel and eggplant with salt, pepper and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and place onto the grill. Flip once after a few minutes and cook until tender.
Remove fish from oven and onto a serving tray. Swirl the remaining olive puree into the pan with 2 tablespoons capers, chives, parsley and fennel tops. Pour over the fish and serve with the fennel and eggplant.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
Published by William Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crispy Skin Black Sea Bass with Avocado, Tomatillo and Fennel Relish, Black Sea Bass with Corn and Jumbo Lump Crab Saute, Broiled Black Sea Bass with Enchilada Sauce, Mexican Rice and Refried Beans, Brined Turkey Recipes, Easy Roasting Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Bass, Roasting Recipes