Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Flan
- 2 cloves elephant garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1 cup good quality goat cheese, or Chevre
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped garlic chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 4 (3 by 2-inch) ramekins and line bottom with rounds of parchment, then butter paper.
Line the ramekins with thinly sliced elephant garlic.
Transfer pan to a rack to cool slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
Run a thin knife around edge of flan to loosen, then invert a serving plate over pan and invert flan onto plate. Remove pan and discard paper. Cut flan into wedges and serve immediately.
*Chef's Note: You do not have to invert the flan onto a plate. In that case, just butter the ramekins and do not line with parchment paper.
Recipe courtesy of Emeirl Lagasse, 2007