Roasted Pork and French Fry Po'Boy
- 2 pounds pork butt
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into shoestrings, deep fried in 350 degree vegetable oil, until golden and
- 8 12 -inch loaves of crusty French bread
- For the Remoulade sauce:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Season entire pork butt with salt and pepper. Place pork in a roasting pan. Place in the oven and cook for about 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is falling apart. Remove from pan, and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the remoulade sauce. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds.
To assemble: Shred cooled meat into pieces. Slice the bread in half and spread remoulade sauce on both halves. Arrange a layer of shredded pork on top one half of the bread. Then pile a handful of shoestring potatoes on top of the meat. Cover with the other half of the loaf and cut sandwich in half. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.