- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into fourths lengthwise
- 4 pineapple slices, round, about 1/2-inch thick each
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream, or other flavor, as desired
- 1 cup warm chocolate sauce, recipe follows
- 1 cup smashed chocolate sandwich cookies, about 8 cookies
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 4 Maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Around the rim a bowl or tall goblet, arrange 4 banana slices with the pointed ends up. Place 1 pineapple ring in the bottom of each bowl (in the center of the banana slices), and top with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top each scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce, smashed chocolate sandwich pieces, whipped cream, and cherry. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.Warm Chocolate Sauce:
In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a bare simmer over low heat. Place the chocolate pieces in a medium bowl. Remove the cream from the heat and whisk slowly into the chocolate. Add the vanilla and continue whisking until the chocolate melts and the sauce thickens.
Serve the chocolate sauce warm, or let cool to room temperature.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.