- 1 liter root beer
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Flavored syrups, such as vanilla or cherry
- Crushed root beer candies
- 4 maraschino cherries, optional
- Special Equipment: 4 soda fountain glasses, long straws and spoons
Fill each glass 3/4 of the way full with root beer. (You may want to set glasses on small plates to catch any overflow from the fizz.) Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream in each glass. Top with a drizzle of vanilla, cherry or flavored syrup of your choice. Sprinkle root beer candies over the top. Add a maraschino cherry, if desired, and serve immediately.