- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound thin slices Genoa salami (about 15 very thin slices of 5-inch diameter salami)
- Parsley, garnish
In a bowl, cream together the goat cheese, cream cheese, and butter using a rubber spatula or heavy wooden spoon. Add the chives, garlic, basil and black pepper, and mix well until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a small tip. One at a time, pipe the flavored filling into the sliced salami, turning the salami over onto the filling to form a cornet, or horn shape. Refrigerate until slightly firm.
Arrange on a decorative platter and garnish with parsley. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002