Salmon Tartare with Oyster Mousse and Toast Points
- 3/4 -pound sushi-grade salmon, cut into 1/4--inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 oysters, finely chopped almost to a paste
- French bread, cut toast points
- Chives, capers and microherbs, for garnishing plate
In a cold bowl combine heavy cream and lemon juice and whip to stiff peaks. Gently fold in oysters, season with salt (if necessary) and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve, not longer than 1/2 hour. When ready to serve, season salmon with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Place two toast points on each plate and top with a generous quenelle of oyster Mousse. Spoon salmon on top and around toast points and mousse, and garnish with snipped chives, capers, and micro herbs. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2000.