Salmon with Cilantro Potato Salad
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 pounds cooked quartered unpeeled new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 cup sugar, (in a pie tin)
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, onion, and celery together. Mix thoroughly. Fold in the new potatoes, carefully not to break up the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Season each fillet with salt and pepper. Dredge the salmon in the sugar. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, caramelize the salmon for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from the pan. Place the potato salad in the center of the plate. Lay the salmon against the salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.