- 2 (750-ml) bottles white Spanish wine, such as Albarino (Galacia), Viura (Rioja), Verdejo (Rueda), or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup Spanish brandy
- 1/4 cup Spanish orange liqueur
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 plum, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 peach, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle club soda, chilled
Combine the wine, brandy, orange liqueur, orange juice, and sugar in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the fruit and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
Stir in the club soda and serve the sangria in large wine glasses, over ice if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2005