Sea Bass with Mustard Crust with Garlic-Parmesan Broccoli
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2-pound) skin-on fillet sea bass
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- Garlic-Parmesan Broccoli, recipe follows
- Finely grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Sprigs fresh marjoram, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine the mustard, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic, thyme, vinegar, marjoram, salt and pepper and mix well. Rub the fish with 1/2 teaspoon of the oil and place in a roasting pan, skin-side down. Brush the mustard mixture onto the fish and lay the lemon slices over the top. Drizzle with the remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil and roast until the fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Place the fish on a platter and arrange the broccoli around the fish. Dust lightly with Parmesan, garnish with the parsley and marjoram sprigs, and serve.Garlic-Parmesan Broccoli:
1 head broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 cup very finely grated Parmesan (using a rasp grater)
In a pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the broccoli until just tender, 5 minutes. Drain.
In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and starting to turn golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the broccoli and cook until warmed through and coated with the oil mixture. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Toss with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse 2003