Seafood Slider Trio: Lobster and Bacon, Shrimp Remoulade, and Crab and Wasabi Sliders with Potato Chips
- 2 cups cooked diced lobster meat
- 1 recipe Asparagus Mayonnaise, divided, recipe follows
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, divided
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, diced, about 2 cups
- Remoulade Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons wasabi tobiko
- 24 small brioche or potato rolls, for serving sliders
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon, cut into thirds for garnishing lobster sliders
- 8 half slices tomato, for garnishing shrimp sliders
- Half an avocado, cut into 8 pieces, for garnishing crabmeat sliders
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Potato Chips, for serving, (recommended: Zapp's)
- Asparagus Mayonnaise:
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 stalks blanched asparagus
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Creole or other whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Crystal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl combine the lobster, 1/2 cup of the Asparagus Mayonnaise, the chopped eggs and tarragon and fold gently together to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly ground white pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a second mixing bowl combine the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the Remoulade Sauce, the parsley and toss to combine. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly ground white pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a third mixing bowl combine the wasabi paste with the mayonnaise, the chives, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the white pepper and stir to combine. Add the crabmeat, and fold together. Gently fold in the wasabi tobiko and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, cut the brioche rolls in half horizontally and lightly toast, if desired.
For the lobster sliders, spoon 1/4 cup of the lobster filling onto the bottom cut halves of 8 rolls (this amount may vary depending on the size rolls you have purchased). Top the lobster filling with 1 piece of crisp cooked bacon, and top each slider with the top portion of bun.
For the shrimp sliders, spoon 1/4 cup of the shrimp filling onto the bottom cut halves of 8 rolls (this amount may vary depending on the size rolls you have purchased). Top each with a half slice of tomato and then top each slider with the top portion of bun.
For the crabmeat sliders, spoon 1/4 cup of the crabmeat filling onto the bottom cut halves of 8 rolls (this amount may vary depending on the size rolls you have purchased). Top each with a slice of avocado and then top each slider with the top portion of bun.
In a mixing bowl toss the greens with the olive oil to just coat and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper. Serve each guest the 3 different sliders and garnish the plates with 1/2 a cup of the mixed greens. Serve with potato chips.Asparagus Mayonnaise:
Place the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and asparagus stalks in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. While the motor is running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream through the feed tube, processing until the oil is completely incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick.
Adjust the seasoning, to taste, with the salt and cayenne, if necessary.
Cover and refrigerate. The mayonnaise will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to 1 day.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cupsRemoulade Sauce:
In a food processor combine all of the ingredients and process until everything is well incorporated. Remove from the food processor, transfer to an airtight nonreactive container and refrigerate. Sauce may be made up to 2 days in advance.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Captain Kidd's Hawk-Crushing Shrimp Rolls, Seafood Spheres on Crostini, Recipes For a Crowd, Lobster Salad Recipes, Lobster Tail Recipes, Deviled Egg Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.