Seared Shrimp Salad with Thai Palm Sugar Dressing
- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated, washed and spun dry
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar, or light brown sugar, plus more to sprinkle on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced Serrano chilies
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 4 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh mint, garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, garnish
In a blender, combine the lime juice, shallots, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, cilantro, chiles, and peanut oil. Blend on high speed until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the Essence, salt, palm sugar, and cayenne to coat. Heat a wok or large, heavy, skillet over high heat. Add the oil and when very hot, add the shrimp and sear until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.