- 1 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions (white parts only)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot Asian pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and blanch for 30 to 45 seconds. Remove the peas from the water with a slotted spoon and plunge into an ice bath, stirring until completely cooled. Remove from the ice bath and pat the snow peas completely dry.
In a large skillet or wok, heat the peanut and sesame oils over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the snow peas and Sriracha and cook just until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and toss the sesame seeds into the snow pea mixture. Serve immediately.