Swordfish au Poivre with Lobster and Haricots Verts Relish
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, in all
- 20 jalapenos, stemmed and cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
- Essence, recipe follows
- Lobster and Haricots Verts Relish, recipe follows
- 4 cups shoestring potatoes, fried
- Brunoise red peppers
- Brunoise yellow peppers
- Chopped chives
- Lobster and Haricots Verts Relish:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound haricots verts, blanched
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the grill.
In a non-reactive saucepan, heat 1-tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, combine the jalapenos, garlic, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the water and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to steep until the mixture comes to room temperature.
In a food processor, puree the mixture until smooth. With the machine running, pour the vinegar in a steady stream into the mixture. Check the seasoning. (The sauce is better if it is allowed to age for 2 weeks before serving.)
Season the swordfish with olive oil and Essence. Place the swordfish on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium. Arrange the relish around the edges of the plate. Mound the shoestrings in the center of the plate. Lay the fish directly on top of the potatoes. Spoon the sauce over the fish and around the plate. Garnish with peppers, chives, and Essence.Lobster and Haricots Verts Relish:
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the haricots verts. Saute for 1 minute. Add the shallots, garlic, lobster meat and parsley. Saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Yield: 4 servingsEssence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.