- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup andouille (cooked, rendered of all fat)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Cumin sour cream: 1 cup sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon ground cumin, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat inside of an oven-proof gratin dish with 1 tablespoon of oil.
Place shrimp in gratin dish, side by side. In a bowl mix together andouille, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Add remaining oil and season with Essence. Mix together until moist. Spread bread crumb mixture on top of shrimp. Place gratin in oven and bake for 12 minutes until shrimp are cooked. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with cumin sour cream.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup