- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces boiled ham, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet baby green peas, cooked
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 recipe Hollandaise Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a heavy, deep sauce pot or an electric deep-fryer, heat the oil to 360 degrees F. Add the potatoes, in batches and fry until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes and drain on paper towels. In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Season the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and cayenne and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the ham, peas, garlic, and the potatoes. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the butter and cook, stirring for 1 minute. To serve, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions on serving plates. Drizzle the Hollandaise Sauce over each plate and garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.