Sicilian Chicken Salad
- 1 egg*
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds) boiled, bones removed and the meat small diced
- 1 cup small diced red onions
- 1/2 cup small diced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup sultans or currants, soaked in 1/2 cup Marsala
- 4 cups arugula, cleaned
In a blender, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil, until the mixture is thick. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onions, celery, nuts and sultans. Mix thoroughly. Add the emulsion and mix until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad with the arugula.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.