- 1 to 2 zucchini
- 8 ounces smoked fish fillets (such as Sturgeon, Trout), skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper
- Brunoise of red pepper, for garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Using a channel knife carve three channels in zucchini. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. In a pot of boiling, salted water blanch zucchini for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon transfer slices to a bowl of ice water and "shock" zucchini until cold. Drain, pat dry and set aside.
In workbowl of a food processor combine fish, parsley, shallots, garlic, brandy, and butter, if using. Process until smooth. Scrape down sides, add cream and process 30 seconds more. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Using a spatula transfer mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip and pipe mixture onto zucchini "croutons". Arrange on a pretty platter and garnish with peppers and parsley.