Smoked Salmon and Salmon Mousse Terrine with Choupict Caviar
- 2 1/2 pounds smoked salmon
- 1/2 pound clarified butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and white pepper
- 7 ounces Choupit caviar
- 4 toast points (triangles tossed in olive oil and seasoned and browned)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Chervil sprigs
Lightly oil a terrine mold. Line the mold with plastic wrap. In a food processor, puree 1 1/2 pounds salmon, clarified butter, and cream. Puree until smooth. Turn the mixture out into a mixing bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Line the prepared mold with 1/2 pound of the smoked salmon. To assemble, spread 1/3 of the mousse evenly over the smoked salmon. Smear the mousse with the caviar. Lay 3 ounces smoked salmon over the caviar. Repeat layering until 6 total layers are present. Wrap the mold tightly and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove the mold and invert the mold onto a platter. Place a couple of slices of the terrine on a plate. Serve the terrine with toast points. Garnish with chopped parsley and chervil sprigs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.