Smoked Salmon-Scrambled Egg Packages with Lemon Creme Fraiche
- 8 slices good quality smoked salmon (each slice about 3 1/2 by 7 inches)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces caviar
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 red onion, chopped, for garnish
- 6 slices brioche or homemade-style white bread, lightly toasted, buttered, and cut into triangles with crusts removed
Lay 1 slice of salmon in the center of 4 plates. Lay a second slice of salmon across the first to form an "x."
In a small bowl, whisk together the creme fraiche, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the eggs, and cook, stirring constantly, until fluffy and barely set, removing the pan from the heat occasionally to prevent from overcooking. Remove the pan from the heat when almost completely set and stir gently.
Spoon the eggs into the center of the smoked salmon packages. Bring up the sides of the salmon to completely enclose the eggs. Drizzle each package with 2 tablespoons of the lemon creme fraiche and sprinkle with the remaining chopped chives. Top with caviar, garnish with dill sprigs and red onion, and arrange 3 toast triangles on each plate. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.