Smothered Fillet, Sausage and Crawfish Over Cheesy Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 to 8-ounce) beef fillets, julienned
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 8 Cheesy Biscuits
In a large saute pan, melt one tablespoon of the butter. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the beef to the melted butter and quickly saute for 2 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining butter and melt. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute the onions for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Season the crawfish tails with Essence. Add the crawfish to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cream. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce and hot sauce. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the mixture for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onions and reserved fillet. Serve over cheesy biscuits.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.