- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh horseradish (or 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pepper vodka, recipe follows
- Pickled okra, for garnish
- Celery stalks, for garnish
In a blender, combine the tomato juice, lime juice, lemon juice, horseradish, ginger and garlic and blend until smooth. Season the mixture, to taste, with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Store the mixture in a non-reactive container. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 6 hours and up to 3 days before serving.
Fill 6 large (16-ounces) tumblers with ice, divide the tomato juice mix among the glasses, and divide the vodka evenly among the glasses. Garnish with the pickled okra and celery stalks and serve.
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 dried chili peppers
Combine the vodka and peppers in a glass jar with a lid and cover tightly. Let sit for 12 to 24 hours, strain and discard peppers, and serve.
Yield: 2 cups