- 12 ounces Pepper Vodka, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth
- Crushed ice
- 1 fresh jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced, or pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 (750-ml) bottle best quality vodka
- 1 fresh red jalapeno or red Fresno pepper, slit in 1/2 lengthwise, stem left intact
- 1 fresh green jalapeno pepper, slit in 1/2 lengthwise, stem left intact
- 1 fresh Serrano or green cayenne pepper, slit in 1/2 lengthwise, stem left intact
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
Pour out enough vodka from the bottle in order to make room for the peppers and reserve for another use. Carefully add the peppers and garlic to the vodka, pouring out more liquid if need be. Cap and let stand at room temperature until the vodka acquires the desired heat, about 1 week.
Serve, or remove the peppers and keep in the freezer.
Yield: about 3 1/4 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 week