Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Essence, recipe follows
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Rinse the seeds clean of any pumpkin flesh. In a mixing bowl, toss the seeds with olive oil. Season the seeds with Essence. Place the seeds on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse