Spicy Shrimp and Scallops with Cellophane Noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more, for frying
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sri Racha ( red pepper sauce)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded bok choy
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 8 ounces peeled, de-veined small raw shrimp
- 8 ounces small bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 ounce bean thread cellophane noodles
Preheat the fryer to 360 degrees F.
In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and Sri Racha, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the bell peppers , bok choy, and rice wine and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shrimp, scallops, and soy sauce, and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a hot fryer, add the cellophane noodles, and fry quickly until puffed and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Top the seafood mixture with the noodles and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Brianna Jenkins