Steak Frites with Blue Cheese-Shallot Butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons crumbled creamy blue cheese, such as Maytag Blue
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (8-ounce) New York strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- French Fries, recipe follows
- French Fries:
- 3 large baking potatoes, like russets, about 2 pounds, peeled and cut into matchstick slices 1/4-inch thick
- Canola oil, fry frying
In a bowl, combine the butter, shallots, blue cheese, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Blend until creamy and well mixed. Turn out onto a sheet of plastic or waxed paper and form into a small log, about 1-inch in diameter. Cover and refrigerate until just firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat a grill.
Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Grill to desired temperature, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and transfer to serving plates. Cut the Blue Cheese-Shallot Butter log into 4 pieces, and place one piece on each steak. Serve immediately with the French Fries.French Fries:
Place the potato slices in a bowl of water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Pat dry with towels.
Heat enough oil to come 4 inches up the sides of a large deep saucepan to 350 degrees F. Add the potatoes in batches and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the steaks.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Rib Eye Steak with Roasted Grape-Red Wine Sauce and Creamy Parsnips and Potatoes, Grilled Sirloin Steak with Summer Vegetable Ragout and Steak Fries, Strip Steak With Spiced Salt, Roast Beef Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Vegetable Casserole, Veal Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.