Steamed Egg Custard with Pork
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 pound fresh shrimp, shelled, deveined, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Note: Once this custard is cooked and solidified, remove from the steamer and do not return to the steamer or the custard will liquefy. Beat eggs in bowl. Beat in 1 teaspoon of salt, rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce and stock. Place bowl on a rack in a pot or steamer. Cover and steam over boiling water 20 minutes. Set custard aside until ready to serve.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok. Add scallion, ginger, and pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce. Cook 1 minute more and remove from heat. Mix cilantro and shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch. Stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon heated oil 2 minutes. Add pork mixture and stir-fry 30 seconds more.
Invert custard onto platter. Pour pork and shrimp mixture over custard.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.