- 4 cups shrimp stock
- 1/2 pound peeled ginger, large diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, in all
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and black pepper
- 20 wonton skins
- 1 cup stir-fried vegetables, julienne
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, stir-fry the shrimp for 1 minute. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the green onions and cilantro, stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Turn the stir-fry mixture into a bowl. Add 1-teaspoon sesame oil, seeds, egg and soy sauce, orange zest, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
Brush the top side of each wonton wrapper with water. Fill each wonton with 1 tablespoon of the filling. Bring the corners to the center and twist, sealing the edges with water.
Bring the ginger broth up to boil. Poach the dumplings in the broth for about 4 minutes, or until the dumplings are tender. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon.