Stone Crab Claws with a Key West Cocktail Sauce
- 6 pounds cooked stone crab claws
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Key lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons picked cilantro leaves, for garnishing
Crack the claws by placing them on a cutting board, covering them with a towel, and hitting the knuckle of the claw with a mallet. Store the crabs on ice until ready to serve.
To make the dipping sauce, stir together the mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, lime juice, chopped cilantro, white pepper and salt in a medium bowl and refrigerate, covered for half an hour before serving.
When ready to serve, pile the crab claws on platters, garnish with the lime wedges and cilantro leaves and serve with the Key West Cocktail Sauce.