Stone Crab with Mustard Sauce
- Creole Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
- Crushed ice, for plating
- 3 pounds medium stone crab claws, cooked, shells cracked and chilled (about 20)
- Place mustard sauce in a small bowl in center of plate. Serve as a dip for crab claws. Surround bowl with crushed ice. Place crab claws on ice, around mustard sauce.
- Creole Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Whisk together mustard, sugar, vinegar and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until sauce has a mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Yield: about 1 cup
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine