Strawberries with Honeyed Yogurt
- 1 pound large ripe strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 ounces Greek strained yogurt, or regular yogurt strained in a cheesecloth-lined strainer overnight in refrigerator
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey, or more to taste
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from pod, pod reserved for another purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Lightly toasted sliced almonds, for garnish, optional
Using a paring knife, cut the tops off of the strawberries and reserve. Slice a very small part of the tip of the strawberries off so that they will stand upright. Using the tip of the knife, cut a wedge-shaped well in the top of the strawberries.
In a small bowl combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla bean seeds, vanilla and almond extracts and stir until completely combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey if necessary. Using a small spoon, fill the wells in the strawberries with some of the yogurt mixture. Top with the reserved tops of the strawberries and serve. (Or, alternatively, top with a few of the sliced almonds and serve; discard tops if presented this way.)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.