Sweet Corn, Black Trumpet and Truffle Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernels scraped from the cob (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound Arborio rice
- 1 pound black trumpet mushrooms, wiped clean
- 9 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Drizzle white truffle oil
- 1 black truffle, optional
Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the onions, corn, salt, white pepper, and black pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, an additional 30 seconds.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in the risotto and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes so that each grain of rice is evenly coated with the oil. Stir in the mushrooms and 1 cup of the stock, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1/2 cup at a time and stirring until absorbed, until all of the stock has been used. The last addition of the stock into the risotto should leave it slightly tight.
Stir in the remaining butter, the cream, grated cheese and truffle oil; the risotto should have a creamy appearance and texture. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with shaved truffles, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.