- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Lightly grease a large bowl and place the popcorn in it.
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water and cook over medium heat to the soft ball stage, 235 to 238 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Off the heat very carefully, add the butter (it will boil furiously), stir in the chocolate and vanilla.
Very carefully, slowly pour the hot chocolate mixture over the corn, stirring to prevent from lumping. Continue stirring until the mixture is cooled and the popcorn is evenly coated. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine and coat. Turn out onto a silpat or a greased foil-lined sheet pan. Let cool, then store in airtight containers.