Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups butter cookie crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecan pieces
- 4 ounces (1 stick) melted butter
- 3 pounds cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup Steen's Pure 100 percent Cane Syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, roasted peeled and mashed
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Dash of bourbon
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the crumbs, ground pecans and the butter together. Mix well and press into a 10-inch spring-form pan. In a food processor, with the metal blade, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cane syrup and blend. Add the eggs one at a time to thoroughly incorporate into the cheese mixture. Add the heavy cream. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake is set.
Remove from the oven and with a knife loosen the sides from the pan. This will prevent the cake from spiting down the center. Completely cool the cake before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse