- 1 pound swordfish, remove the skin and any dark flesh, or blood line, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 cup flour for dredging
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups rich and chunky tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
In the work bowl of your food processor, puree the swordfish until it is a coarse paste. In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, egg, cheese, pine nuts, and basil. Add the swordfish mixture. It should have a doughy, paste-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Using two tablespoons form mixture into 12 football shaped croquettes. In a skillet heat the oil until it a deep fry thermometer reads 375 degrees. Meanwhile, dredge the croquettes in the flour, shaking off the excess. Place the croquettes in the hot oil and fry for 6 minutes, carefully rotating them to insure even browning. Remove and drain on a paper towels. In a sauce pan place the tomato sauce and then add the croquettes. Cook for 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl surrounded by the sauce and garnished with chopped parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.