- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 ounces mild red chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound long green beans, blanched
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Emeril's Essence seasoning, recipe follows
In a wok heat the peanut oil. When the oil is hot, saute the chilies and garlic. Add the blanched beans. Stir in the oyster sauce and water. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper. Mound the green beans in the center of a platter. Drizzle any remaining sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley and Essence.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.