Tamarind, Rosemary and Honey Grilled Flap Steak
- 1 (2-pound) flap steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 recipe Tamarind, Rosemary and Honey Glaze, recipe follows
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Chili sauce, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- For the Tamarind, Rosemary and Honey Glaze:
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dark roasted coffee beans
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Season the steak on both sides with the salt and pepper. Drizzle both sides with the olive oil and brush so that the steak is evenly coated on all sides with the oil. Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the steak over, brush half the glaze over the steak and cook for 4 minutes on the second side. Turn the steak over again, brush with the remaining glaze and cook the steak an additional 4 minutes. Turn the steak over 1 final time and cook for 4 minutes more.
Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.Meanwhile, make the sauce:
When ready to serve, slice the steak across the grain and serve, with the slices arranged in a shingled pattern on a large platter. Season the steak slices with the sea salt and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil. Squeeze the juice from the lime halves over the steak, place a dollop of the sauce and serve.For the Tamarind, Rosemary and Honey Glaze:
Place all the ingredients in a 1-quart saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
Yield: about 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.